Monday, January 19, 2009

Impatience

O.K., I am ready to be completely healed now. LOL I guess it is unrealistic to expect that a week after surgery I would be ready to get back to normal. After all, the doc did say if I was working that I'd be off 2 weeks. Fortunately, I'm still on furlough.

While I am much better, I am still pretty sore. I still really can only sleep on one side, which is interfering with my sleep somewhat. I'm on a really weird split sleep schedule now that I have to somehow get back under control.

Yesterday was rough, but today has been better. I think perhaps I overdid things a little on Saturday. Fortunately things have been better today. And for the first time in a few days I actually feel really hungry for something besides oatmeal. I need to go to the store.

Isn't this exciting? LOL Really, there isn't much else happening in my life right now. I watched a really weird version of one of the CSI shows this morning, and some weird game called Trivial Pursuit, read a little, did a few crossword puzzles and am generally bored.

I have a little bit of a Bible Study to do this evening and some prayer time at 2 a.m. as part of a 24 hour prayer chain.

Some of the media coverage of Obama's inauguration (coronation?) has really almost turned me off to it altogether. Some of the rhetoric I've seen on the event coverage almost makes him sound like the Messiah. I'm sorry, but no matter how one feels about Mr. Obama (hours away from being President Obama) he is not Jesus Christ, and the linguistic comparisons I'm seeing almost make me bristle. (Please note, while I don't agree with Obama on many things, this is not necessarily his doing.) On the other hand, I have to admit I am not seeing anything that really separates Obama from any other politician other than he speaks better than most and he has perhaps more charisma. I guess I've become rather cynical.

O.K. Now that I've stepped into it with both feet.. I think I'll leave it at that.

God's blessing,
Melanie

2 comments:

Allison said...

You are STILL sore from your surgery? Wow. That's crazy. I was back to "normal" (as normal as I get haha) in only a few days. I'm sorry for your pain. Hope it gets better soon! :)

And I agree about the Obama thing, while I have come to terms with the fact he is our new president...I don't remember ever seeing such a big to-do about any previous inauguration. Maybe I just didn't sit around watching as much tv then haha...

Melanie said...

Yea, it was a lot better, but when I do much (like yesterday, I tried to vacuum) my side really was hurting. The pain from bruising, etc. is much better, but inside it seems like doing much causes me grief. It is getting slowly better. I guess that's what I get for being old and out of shape. LOL