Thursday, November 20, 2008

Get up and Go

I've been a tad on the tired side lately, so I've been thinking of a song I know by Pete Seeger. I was thinking of posting the lyrics here and commenting on it - hopefully with something really clever - but instead I pulled up a link to a video. The really cool thing about this video is that it is Pete Seeger when he did a concert with Arlo Guthrie in the late 70's (I'm wondering if it might be closer to mid 70's?) and I did see Pete Seeger and Arlo Guthrie with my mom in Berkeley in the
70's. At any rate, if you are tired like me, check this out. Then you'll get a glimpse of how I'm feeling and maybe get a chuckle to boot.



I will also add, that a long ago ex-boyfriend had a reel to reel of Pete Seeger performing to a small group. Somehow he managed to get in and record. He let me keep the reel to reel (tape and recorder) for quite a long time before I returned it to him and I listened to it over and over again. Pete Seeger's an amazing folk singer. Politically, I'm sure we are miles apart, but he still holds a special place in my heart.

--Melanie

No comments: