Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Copeland and other things




Yesterday I got up at 7:30 a.m. (almost unheard of for me) and got ready to go to work and to see Copeland. I worked 5 hours 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. and then left for the show. I arrived about 3:15 in the afternoon for a show that started at 6:30 p.m. I had hoped to catch up with Copeland early since I had something for Aaron that I wanted him to have before the show, and I wanted to see if I could get permission for my pro camera. As it turned out, they didn't get there until 5:15 p.m. and had to hurry to unload. I did catch Aaron, gave him the tea and he started to say that he had to hurry and unload and I said, "go" practically before he even finished. So, I didn't get to see him again until later and I was reduced to my point and shoot.

Anyway, there is a whole issue that came up over my point and shoot, and would love feedback, especially from artists (and concert goers in general, too) if anyone reads this at all. LOL I blogged about it on my myspace which is http://www.myspace.com/woman4life

After the show I was able to talk to Brian a bit, and then he wanted to go outside to see these adorable puppies. One of them was a yorkshire terrier (I thought so, but asked to be sure) and told the owner about my daugther's adorable schnorkie. Hahaha...

Anyway, I came back inside with band members and saw Aaron standing by the merch table, so we talked a bit. I think it's the first time I've seen them in a long while where we really had a little time to talk, so that was nice.

Then I stopped at Arby's and made the drive home. I was really more tired than I can remember in a long while. I didn't even get the trash organized because I couldn't stay awake!! So, I figured I'd get up with my husband in a few hours and deal with it, but I just snoozed through it all. I think I must have turned off the alarm -I vaguely remember that, but I was out of it!

This morning I got up and voted. I was grateful for no long lines. Everything was very efficient and went quite smoothly. It pays to go mid-morning, I think. I'm guessing it will be far more crowded for those who go after work or this evening. I used to work at the polls, but haven't for a bit. I kinda miss it sometimes. It's actually kinda fun, even though it does make for a very long day!!

Don't forget to vote. :)

--Melanie

1 comment:

AJ said...

love copeland & love your adorable passion for all your concert travels...keep rockin' girlie!! :)