Sunday, November 09, 2008

Galatians 5

Sometimes I write notes to myself. I'm trying to get rid of some of the paper in my computer room. Right now it's pretty much taking over. Soon I will get lost in it. LOL Actually, sad, I know. :(

At any rate, a while back I was in the car waiting - I think for a concert (surprise) and I decided to read a little from The Bible, and wrote a few notes to myself. I thought I'd share them. This serves two purposes. The first is that I can throw out the paper, and still have the note. The second is that you can read it and see if it's worthwhile. LOL

Anyway, my notes on Galations 5:

Christ did not come to abolish the law. The law still exists and is still valid. He came to fulfill the law. How? We trespassed against the law and he paid the penalty of death for that violation. So the law was broken, and the penalty paid.

Which leaves us free to love, does it not?

And how can we (talking to self here) continue to abuse that freedom knowing what
it cost? We stil have a law written on our hearts (written on a heart of flesh - not stone.)

There it is.. short and sweet. Sometimes I think I need to print this really big and tape it where I can see it always. Who knows, maybe I'll do that sometime.

God's blessings,
Melanie

No comments: