Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Rockabye Sweet Baby James






Last night I had the great pleasure of seeing James Taylor live. I was really struck with just how good his vocals still were, and he had one of the best groups of musicians backing him up that I've seen. It was definitely impressive. It was fun to see him actually jump at the end of songs, and he really has a bit of an engaging personality onstage.

He basically held up the set list just before the 20 minute intermission and I snapped a pic. It even turned out. LOL He did quite a few covers, as well as
some old James Taylor favorites like You've Got a Friend, Fire and Rain, Sweet Baby James, Shower the People You Love with Love, Going to Carolina. Some of the jazzier numbers were simply amazing.




The ticket said no cameras, but I took mine anyway just in case. I took a few snaps of the outside of the venue just to have something. I went up and asked at the gate if cameras were allowed, and was told that point and shoots were O.K. I was ecstatic.

But as with all good things, it came to an end. I chatted with anyone who would listen to kill time, got a ride up the "hill" to the parking lot, chatted with some folks who were parked nearby and waiting for traffic to die down as well, and finally hit the road home -- satisfied.

Peace out,
Melanie

1 comment:

AJ said...

dude...i am sooo excited for you...james is def one of my all time favs!! :)

hey girlie, also just wanted you to know that i might be deleting my blog...not 100% sure yet...just super busy with my new job...you have my e-mail if you need to get a hold of me or are ever up this way for a concert then come say "hi"..:)

thanks for all your amazing encouragement over the past year...YOU are a beautifully kind woman of God!!! :)