Thursday, November 12, 2009

From Denver to Fort Collins

October 17 was family day. :) I was still staying at my sister Stephanie's place in the Angel room. The day included showers, getting dressed, making sure as many of my things were packed that I could pack ahead, getting my camera gear back in order, checking my facebook, etc. I think I had a bowl of some yummy cereal that Stephanie had in her kitchen.

I can't recall what time we headed out to Fort Collins, but I do know we stopped at Starbucks along the way. I'm really loving the Vanilla Rooibos Latte with soy (aka the dairy free version.) It's pretty tasty. (I wonder if they are open at 2:24 a.m. LOL) I resisted the urge to eat something sugary and probably fattening.

Then instead of Denver or Bust, the theme of the trip changed to Fort Collins or bust. I have an Aunt and Uncle in Fort Collins, that I hadn't seen in a very, very long time. We used to go to Wyoming and Colorado every summer, so we visited a few times when I was younger, but I think I was 16 the last time I made the trip to Fort Collins. Let's just say that it was a very long time ago. I remember taking a picture of my cousin sleeping on a picnic table and playing Spoon. I'm not sure I even remember how to play it anymore, though I'm sure it would come back to me rather quickly. Anyway, I was looking rather forward to the trip.

For whatever reason we weren't planning to take the toll road. This did not make the
GPS very happy. She kept finding new and inventive ways to get us to take it. It was pretty comical actually. I got a kick out of it anyway, but then sometimes I can be easily entertained. ;) IT was a beautiful day out, once again, and a very nice drive. There was some uncertainty (but not a lot) about exactly which street to turn on and the specific house, but we really found it (or I should say my mom and sis found it) without too much difficulty.

When I got to my Uncle Kin's place, my Uncle Merle was there also along with my cousin Lorrie. We were all invited in, of course, and had a nice visit. We were planning to go to lunch, but it took us all a while to settle on where we were going. We ended up at Black Eyed Peas. The food was good, and all very high fat, southern style cooking. It was tasty, I must admit. I must have burned off a few calories at the Relient K concert, though, because I was pretty hungry. We had a great waiter and he even took a few group pics for us.

After lunch, we went back to Kin & Betty's place, and visited a little more. Of course, you know I took a ton of photos while we were there!



Soon it was time to say our goodbyes. Just when I was getting ready to leave Kin asked me to wait a sec, and he went back and brought me a gold coin. Then he came out and gave one to each of us. That was kind of fun. So, we said our goodbyes for real and headed out on the road.



WE made one pit stop to return the car my mom and Jim were using during their stay in Colorado, and then headed back to Steph's.

We had a lot of fun at Stephanie's as I played Wii for the first time. We played Wii bowling. I think I bowled just a tad better on Wii than in reality. It's odd bowling with a "bowling ball" that is imaginary and has no weight. LOL Randy (my bro-in-law) kinda cheated a little.. if that is what you call it. He would use the controller from the couch and not even get up. It was actually kind of funny, especially since he would actually get a pretty good score that way. Oh, and it is pretty funny when the ball goes backwards and everyone ducks. I think it's one of the highlights of the game. And it can happen a lot when you are trying to get used to the controller. LOL

Finally we all ended up headed off for some sleep. I used Stephanie's laptop for a bit, made sure everything except what I was wearing was packed and ready, and had a decent night's sleep.

The next morning, I made it to the airport, and everything went smoothly for the trip back home. It was a long week, but a great one. :) It was so good seeing everyone and I was very glad that I made the trek.

No comments: