Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Comedy of Errors?

So, I got my symbicort from the doctor as a sampler. It has a dial on the top that counts down the "puffs" in the cannister. I'm supposed to take two puffs, twice a day. The cannister holds 60. I used it once (2 puffs) and it went from 60 to 25, so I called AstraZeneca. They recommended I not use it and their quality control may want to get a hold of me. She got me to read the numbers and expiration date, so I know where to look now.

Meanwhile, my doctor had already left for the weekend, so the clinic patched me through to another doctor, and a gal there said she found another one for me downstairs. She obviously wasn't a nurse, at least I hope not. Originally she only found one that was 80/4.5 (there are two different drugs in Symbicort) and she wondered if I could just use more. Sigh.... At the least that would O.D. the 4.5 drug fumarate dihydrate. Anyway, she found the correct one, so I decided to pick it up on the way to work.

The first two puffs from the defective cannister actually did some good. After about an hour, I barely coughed for at least 6 hours. It was kinda nice.

So, I got home from work, and tried 2 more puffs a little after 3 a.m. (about 12 hrs.) from the new cannister. It didn't seem to do much good. So, this morning I decided maybe I should check the expiration date (since there was no "dial" on this one I wondered about it.) It expired in June of 2008.

So now what do I do? Just wait until Monday?

I just want to get well. :(

No comments: