Sunday, July 08, 2007

Happy Anniversary




I intended to post this blog sooner, but as is often the case, I am miles behind where I want to be. The 4th of July was my anniversary. Ed and I have now officially been married for 31 years. And for those who are counting back in time, that was the bicentennial. It makes remembering the date a bit easier. When it came time for Ed and I to set a day for our marriage, we both thought of the 4th at the same time. We both thought he'd never forget it that way. I also could never remember it raining in Sacramento on the 4th of July, and we were to be wed in Ancil Hoffman Park outdoors near the American River. It was a beautiful setting. The weather was, indeed very nice and we never forget the date. :) The downside to having an anniversary on the 4th was that we always took the kids to fireworks on the 4th, and finding a baby sitter on the 4th of July was akin to witnessing a miracle. But it's fun to think that they set off a light show every year in honor of our marriage. ;)


It isn't always easy... marriage is a lot of work. Things don't always go according to plan, and it takes some real committment. We are two very different people. Ed prefers solitude, I prefer a crowd. Ed can figure out how just about anything works. I'm lucky to tie my shoes. He is up at 4 a.m. I sleep until 2 p.m. I go to concerts and he shoots paintball. He hates conflict, but give me a knockdown dragged out fight over silence. He is my balance, and I hope that I am his.
At any rate, it works. I can't imagine else really putting up with me. :)


--Melanie

No comments: