Saturday, December 16, 2006

I'm still not sure what I think of this. My writing skills are rusty. But something made me think of this. I'm not sure if it's finished or not and even less certain if it has any value, but it's a pretty good description of where I oft times find myself just the same.

Children's games

Am I playing a spiritual game of peek a boo?
Now you see me, now you don't
Have I really affected anyone for you, God?
Am I too bold, or not bold enough
Am I trying too little, or am I trying too hard
Or is the problem that it's me doing the trying?

Or maybe it's tag. I touch you and run away
You chase after me
Why do I run so hard? What am I afraid of?

Oh now it's hide and seek I play
But where can I go to hide?
I'm spending too much time in the shadow
But you can see me all alongLike a father waiting patiently for his child to come to him.

Tell me how to grow up.

No comments: