Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Feeling Down

Sometimes I let little things get me down. Most of the time the little things turn out to be much ado about nothing. One of the things that tends to get me down the most is being misunderstood, especially if that misunderstanding causes someone else aggravation or dismay.

Sometimes I think this happens a little more online than in general conversation, because it's easy to misread a response or lack of response . I know one time I asked someone if they were mad at me because he seemed kinda not happy and then something happened online coincidentally not long after I posted. I thought maybe I had done something. Then I asked him if he was upset with me, and he thought it was because he hadn't returned an e-mail.
I guess it was kind of silly on my part. Sometimes online you just can't pick up the phone and get it settled. In that case it leaves me unsettled and a little down.

Just like last time, it's probably coincidental. I shouldn't fret over it, but I do.

Now that I've probably confused just about everyone reading this blog (or maybe there is no one reading to confuse), perhaps I should try hard not to dwell on this and catch some zzzzzzzzzzzzz's. After all it's 7:39 a.m. and I haven't slept yet. That probably isn't helping, either.

Off to dream of better things, I hope.

--Melanie

No comments: