Friday, December 01, 2006

Getting Started and a little about me

I am used to blogging on myspace, but somehow I feel a strange sense of not quite knowing how to start on a fresh "canvas" so to speak. How do I start to relate about the things important to me, and will anyone really care? :)

I used to good at writing, but I've gotten so out of practice that it doesn't come as easily as it once did. I am most at ease answering rather than initiating. I can give a good logical response to just about anything if I have an opinion about it; but for all of the logic, the less logical or ethos about me frequently wins out in real life. Oft times that is a good thing. Sometimes it's not. I like to try and keep things in balance. Balance is a good word for the most part. On the other hand, there are times when life probably calls for things to be a little out of balance. Knowing when is a little trickier. I'm still working on that one.

My schedule now would probably be known as an out of balance thing in my life right now. It's 4:48 a.m. and I have not gone to sleep yet. I guess it's not so unusual as I work until 1 a.m., but currently my days and nights are pretty much completely topsy turvey. Someone at work asked if I was a vampire jokingly. I had to laugh.

I guess what that means is that I should end my first blog and get some sleep. :)

But before I do, a little about me:
1. I am a Christian first, but unfortunately I have a long way to go before I truly reflect Christ.
Todd Agnew has a tee shirt out that says simply, "Be the Moon". The moon has no light of it's own and reflects the sun. The goal is to reflect it well.
2. I love music. I couldn't tell you why. I'm not a particularly gifted musician. I have a decent voice, but not always perfect pitch. Most people when they hear me sing will say I have a nice voice, but it's not consistent. Still -- I love to sing. BTW, I think that is the name of one of my favorite Copeland songs... well... sort of.
3. I like photography, but I still have a ways to go before I consider myself very good at it. I especially love taking photos at concerts. BTW, I still can enjoy the concert just fine while taking photos. So many people have told me it's kind of nice just to enjoy the concert sans cameras, but I find myself wishing I had a camera to capture that moment when it is not allowed. I like capturing moments. Sometimes I do it better than others.
4. I am an empty nester. My three children are grown. I love it that they are grown. I miss the days when they were little, but there is a whole world out there and life to live after your kids grow up.
5. I'm still not sure what I want to be when I grow up.

God's blessings and good night,
Melanie

No comments: