Monday, December 04, 2006

I don't know if I'll do more with this or not. It probably needs some tweaking, if it isn't hopeless. LOL I haven't written anything remotely lyrical in some time, so this is my first stab at it in a while. The last thing I did that was even close to that was to rewrite the lyrics to Hey Jude to go with a Bible Study on Jude. It was sort of a joke and I sent it to the pastor. The next day they played it at church. I must have been ten shades of red. LOL Anyway, my new effort such as it is:

"Why am I so skeptical Is it because I've been burnt
Why am I so skeptical when you're the one that I have hurt
I wish the glass was crystal clear Instead Im here in this dark place
Could I even stand to see you Could I look into your face

I need to be broken But I am so afraid
I need to be broken
But it will take your work of grace
Why is it so hard to see you?
Is it because my eyes are blind?
Why is it so hard to feel you
It's not because you're hard to find
I wish that I could sense you near me
Instead I stumble through this dark place
Could I even stand to see you
Could I fall into your grace

I need to be broken
But I am so afraid
I need to be broken
But it will take your work of grace.

It's my own sin that separates me from the love you freely give."

No comments: