Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Never a Dull Moment

It was a very long but good weekend, and I am very grateful for all of it. I am, however, extremely tired. So, that is when I sit here and waste time at the computer instead of doing something meaningful like dishes or sleeping. I guess they will wait.

Saturday I took a trip up to Logan to see The Spill Canvas and Daphne Loves Derby. The weather was completely crazy for September. Usually it doesn't snow until after Halloween. Occasionally there is some freezing before then, but I don't think that I remember it snowing before Oct. 31 in the 8 years I've been here. It snowed. At my place, it snowed like mad, but not a bit of it stuck to the ground. It was surreal. A little more in the mountains however, things got a little bit heavy, although it only seemed to be sticking on the side of the roads, so my trip went smoothly, even with the snow. As I rounded one of the corners, I saw the most amazing set of deciduous trees in full fall color regalia. It was simply breathtaking. Anyway, every color of red, orange and yellows imagineable. I wanted so badly to just stop in the middle of the road and take photos. It was a tad wet outside for it, though. LOL So I continued on into Logan. Some funny things happened at the show. I could have been placed on the guest list, but I already had a ticket so I declined. Then at the last minute, I lost my ticket. I had it in my hand with the envelope, I got through their metal detecter (with keys, etc. in my pocket because I totally forgot about it - great detector. LOL) and noticed I had the envelope, but not ticket. Fortunately the guy behind me had a spare and didn't really want it to go to waste anyway, so he passed it on. (Thanks - if you by some miracle find me here!!) As it turned out, the ticket had actually landed in my canvas tote. I had a good chuckle over that one. The show was delayed because the first band to plug in had their amps blown due to a power surge. None of the bands were really anxious to plug in their amps after that. Idiot Pilot dropped out before that point in time and Play Radio Play, Daphne Loves Derby and The Spill Canvas played acoustic sets. I was concerned at first, but not at all disappointed in the outcome. They all sounded pretty good. PRP's first song was a tad rough as they'd never played acoustic before, but the with the bells, and the fact that the song was rather pretty to start with, it still was worth listening to and I loved it. I loved the rest of their set. Dan has a nice voice, I think. DLD and TSC played very well, and I decided that I really love TSC acoustic. I bought their cd and it really is good. I do think I like Battles the Best. I was a bit concerned that not everyone in DLD would play, but they all did. It was good as well.

Sunday morning I drove to Boise and arrived at a friend's at around 6:15 p.m. or so. Then I went to a church service called Engage Truth at Calvary Chapel in Boise. I really enjoyed the worship and teacing. Esterlyn provided the worship music and luke really has a stunning voice. I like it lots. He's also a sweet spirit, imo.

So, then I went to get gas at Chevron, and something to eat. I stopped at Wendy's (this was about 10:15 at night) and the drive up window was closed. SO I went to Shari's, sat at the counter and was basically ignored with two gals at the register. Then a guy came and seated some people who came in after me and disappeared. Then a couple came in and they were seated. I just decided to walk out and head back to my friend's place, arrived without incident and got ready for bed.

Monday, my friend and I went to the Olive Garden for lunch and got completely stuffed to the gills. It was delicious!! We had the all you can eat soup and salad. Then we headed to the park and the Anne Frank memorial there. I took a lot of pics, so we'll have to see if any turned out. Later we headed back to her place and I took pics of her dogs. Then her daughter came over. We all visited a bit and they watched Oprah. Soon it was time for me to head over to the Taco Bell Arena to see Casting Crowns, Leeland and John Waller. Lots of interesting things happened, but suffice it to say that I took lots of pics with my high zoom point and shoot, most of which will likely be too fuzzy, but I may have a few that are passable; and the concert was really good. I totally enjoyed it. I really do like Leeland quite a lot and "Tears of the Saint's" makes me quite teary-eyed when he sings it.

Afterwards, there was an autograph table for Leeland and one for Casting Crowns (sans Mark Hall & Chris who had to fly out to Atlanta, I believe.) I chatted until I'm sure they wanted to gag me. LOL

When I swapped out my sd card that was full for a new one, I noticed that it still had photos on it from Creation Northwest. I found one of Leeland watching David Crowder from the stage, and showed it to him. Basically I asked if he wanted to see a pic of a David Crowder fan and he looked at it and laughed. I took my time and left late because it was a long walk back to my car. This time I found a Burger King and ordered a Whopper Jr. and side salad. It hit the spot. Then I went back to my friend's place and got ready for bed. I went to bed about 12:30 a.m. By 6:30 a.m. I was already awakening.

My friend got up at about 6:30 a.m. and we chatted for hours until she was heading for the gym, and I headed for home.

I finally arrived home, and my husband and I had a nice dinner together.

So, here I sit.. typing up my memoirs, feeling rather sleeping and thinking I should do something. But for the moment, this will have to do.

God's blessings,

Melanie

No comments: