Thursday, October 11, 2007

Minipop



It's really quite a shame that more people did not show up to Kilby Court tonight to see Minipop in Salt Lake City. It's a shame because they really missed some top notch music. There was no opener so the entire show was just Minipop. Before the show they just talked with people and joked about knowing each person's name by the time the show was over. It was nice to have practically a private concert, but it did make me feel rather badly for the band. Their attitude, however, was wonderful and it made me appreciate things even more.

This was Minipop's first tour stop on their the way to New York, so if you happen to be in their path, please do yourself a huge favor and go. To check out their music go here: http://www.myspace.com/minipop OR http://www.minipopmusic.com

I took a lot of photos, but the light was low, and so were the shutter speeds. I know I have at least one good photo of Tricia, but still have to go through them all and edit. Now, I'm off to see if I can figure out where I can put these photos as I edit them so that they can be shared.

Peace out,
Melanie

P.S. If you were there and happened to find this blog... how about being a Minipop Salt Lake Street team with me? :) Next time let's pack the place! :)

2 comments:

Brian Cutler said...

Man, I really wish I could've gone. :( Again, you're pictures look great! It's too bad that there weren't more people there. The selfish side of me wishes that every concert I attend could be a small intimate show like the one you described, but then I realize that if that's the case, the band isn't going to be around for very long.

AE said...

oh sounds cool! too bad im kinda broke cuz of school. err