Saturday, June 27, 2009

There is no beginning

There is no clear cut beginning to this blog, really. It's been a rather long, and somewhat bizarre week here. Does it seem like it to you, too, or is it just me?

Since most calendars list Sunday as the first day of the week, perhaps I'll start there. Sunday morning I was still pretty tired from Saturday night. I got a little carried away working on photos with my new computer and monitor. I can't believe what a huge difference there is. I can actually see on here now. LOL The plan was to go to Calvary Salt Lake City to help with set up for The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe (in particular catering.) Shows were scheduled for 3:30 and 7 p.m. Ticket sales were not brisk. Up until the Saturday, I wasn't sure what time I would be there, but the plan at my end was to get up early and fix potato soup. We wouldn't be able to use the kitchen until 2 p.m. If I had to be there earlier, I would have gone to Calvary SLC's service, but the 3:30 show was cancelled, and no one was going to be there until 2 p.m. I found out after I was about halfway through making the soup, and I missed my own church's service to finish it. I just couldn't get up before 9 a.m. But the soup was fixed, and I was to get to Calvary about 3 p.m.
When I arrived, we had donated Subway sandwiches ready, soup, etc. We ended up just fixing dinner and combining everything. I fixed a baked chicken with a really good coating I found online. I was short-handed and nearly didn't get done in time. Then I forgot the first batch of garlic bread and tried to set the kitchen on fire. I really shouldn't do this on 4-1/2 hrs. of sleep anymore. LOL But dinner was served and went over well. The soup was a big hit, also. Everyone was so very appreciative that it was really nice. In fact, after the show I had a program autographed, and the producer (who also played Aslan) signed my program thanking me for the great meal. LOL I hope he wasn't just being polite. ;)

I missed the first part of the play, but I did make it for a good part of the show. I was able to take pics. I really didn't want to interrupt anyone, so I sat on one side of the church a few rows back. I had trouble getting a focus, so got up and went to the other side and stood against a post and took pics, and then sat in an empty seat about the third row or so up, or maybe it was a bit farther back than that. But I took a lot of pics. A few turned out o.k.

Afterwards, I finished up on some clean up (thankfully Paula did some of the dishes so I could see the play), and alternated between clean up, taking pics and getting autographs. I was completely exhausted at the end of the day, but it a lot was fun. The cast was a delight and all very nice and appreciative. :) I really missed "regular" church, though. Then I made the trek home, and again got to bed rather late. Monday came too soon, and I started out the week rather tired.

Other events for the week included a dentist appt. with my daughter at 9:30 a.m. I took a nap, but not a long enough one, so I was again tired.

I left work early with a headache. It's still coming and going. I'm thinking maybe allergies..not sure.

I got new glasses, finally, so I can see. But now they need adjusting.. kinda tight and irritating.

I got a call from a friend at 3:30 a.m. because her sister had died.

Last night, I stayed up until my husband woke up at 8 a.m., and then woke up too soon so not enough sleep.

You know, I can't even sort the days out anymore? What happened on which day? Kinda scary.

Ed McMahon died, Farrah Fawcett died, Michael Jackson died, my friend's sister died,
the first furlough took place at work, someone left work crying yesterday and I heard something about an accident, the person who sits next to me left to go to the nurses office and was at the ER. Last I heard she was going to be o.k.

Oh, we did all get a lovely hour of meeting time to have a "hot dog" appreciation dinner outside at work just before everyone who furloughed left. I can't stand hot dogs, but it was a nice break.

I'm glad this week is over, finally! Time for the clouds to lift. May it be so. :)
Yes, I will think positively!!!

God's blessings, Melanie

No comments: