Sunday, May 24, 2009

Tour Buses and Water Polo

I am currently at a hotel across from a large concert venue. I am there to see No Doubt and Paramore. The tour buses and venue door are seriously outside my window. Perfect room for me.

I got here about 5 p.m. and the guy at the lobby desk called me by name. I was really surprised. He said his wife's name was Melenie and we have the same last name. So after I was done checking in, I asked him if I was the last one to check in or something; and he told me that I was. I was wondering how he knew my name. That was different. They were actually waiting for me to show. LOL

Anyway, I slept for a while, waking every couple hours, and woke up to voices in the hall about 40 minutes ago. I asked what the group was, and it's a girl's water polo championship. I don't think they won, but I think they had a good time. The should quiet down in about 20 more minute.

I keep watching the window to make sure not too many will beat me in line. It's been raining, so probably no overnighters, I hope. I plan to get ready after midnight and just keep checking. Hopefully I'll have enough sleep.

The hotel is gorgeous. I'll post pics when I'm not here anymore.

Tomorrow should be a long, but interesting day.

Peace out,
Melanie

P.S. Since it is Memorial Day, and I have been reminded, it would be a good time to take some time to pray for the servicemen and their families. I think I will have lots of time in line to do just that!!

No comments: