Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mae Day

I've been anxiously awaiting Mae Day for months now. I bought my ticket for Mae's Salt Lake City show the first minute they were on sale. I wanted to be there early, I wanted to be in the front, I wanted to be able to use my good camera and I wanted to talk to Jacob, Zach and Dave. From the standpoint of meeting those ceratin goals, the day was an awesome success.

I normally work late and last night I stayed after talking to a co-worker for quite a long time. I had plans to get up at 9 a.m. (that I pushed up to 9:30 a.m.), so I probably didn't pick the best day to start a long conversation and get home late. I knew I would be tired. I was and am very tired indeed.

My alarm rang far too soooon, and I quickly got dressed, took Mollie for a short walk and ten headed out to The Avalon. Since it was a beautiful, sunny Saturday, I wasn't sure what I'd find when I arrived. I arrived at 10:45 a.m. and was pretty much alone for most of the day. I finished reading my book, "A Rose from the Ashes: the Rose Price Story", listened to my Zune and waited for anyone to join me and keep me company. At one point a guy on a bike stopped to talk to me for a really long time. He was a 58 year old, Vietnam Vet, who was couch hopping. After a while, he left and I was on my own again. A feww people came and went... looking for tickets, trying to see when Mae would play their acoustic set, etc. A group of girls showed up, peeked into the building and left but said they were coming back later for the show. Right after they left, Mae showed up. I went over and talked to Jacob a bit, and then Zach. I gave Zach his birthday card and gift and we exchanged hugs. We now both have vowed to see the new Star Trek movie. :)

I was expecting oothers to show up at the venue as well, and Nicole and company showed up around 3:15 or so. They held my spot while I went across the street and bought lunch and took care of other business. Slowly people began to arrive. At about 4:30 or so, Miss Corey came and brought me a yummy homemade oreo cookie. I am off chocolate and all but a small amount of sweets, but since it was a special ocassion, I decided to go for it. It was really, really good. :) Shoot, I should have taken a photo of it.

The crowd continued to grow and at 5:15, the lines were separated into will call and hard copy ticket holders. I think that was around 5:15... less than 2 hours to showtime. be continued. I'm falling asleep. Stay tuned: same bat time, same bat channel. LOL

No comments: