Sunday, September 07, 2008

Natalie Grant






Tonight I saw Natalie Grant at the Utah State Fairgrounds grandstand. The concert was free with a fair ticket, although you do have to get a reserved seat ticket at the box office. I was supposed to work the merch table, but the merch never arrived. Then I was all set to be an usher, and just about 1/2 before door time we found out there was a miscommunication, and they had to use the union staff ushers. I didn't have a ticket because I wasn't supposed to need one, so I was given a ticket in Section C, Row 2. I was basically dead center. God is too good to me sometimes. I also had free fair entry because I was a volunteer.

To back track just a little, I arrived at the fair a little after three, spent some time looking for the volunteer trailer, and was told I could wander about the fair until 6 p.m. I spent most of the time trying to help someone find her daughter, and taking pics of some white Tigers. They were gorgeous.

Natalie Grant was simply amazing. She truly has a beautiful voice. She was very personable and expressive on stage. She talked a bit about the songs, and about how we could come to Christ just as we are. We don't have to "clean ourselves" up first and about being free to be who we really are - imperfect.

At any rate, no one seemed to know that you should scream "one more song" and some were even starting to leave, so I said something to the gal next to me and we both started screaming encore. People joined us, of course. As a result, we did get a very beautiful encore by Natalie, who was already sans shoes.

Afterwards, I wandered about the fair, stopped and had a gyro with rice, and took photos at the Floriculture building before heading home.



2 comments:

Lauralee said...

wow that's rare for people not to ask for an encore. It's great that you were able to get such a good seat. Also to bad the merch never showed up.

Melanie said...

Yea, especially since they all seemed to think she was good enough for one, she was getting standing ovations, it was like they just assumed it was over or something - really weird.