Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Time

I just posted this on myspace. It's one of the few crazy thoughts I've had of late that I actually remembered until I could write it down. Anyway, I thought I'd post it here as well.

I had a very interesting night at work. I would look at the time and all night it seemed like it couldn't possibly be as late as it was. One would think that would mean that time just sailed by, but nothing could be further for the truth. With the exception of the last hour or so, it seems like the evening was rather dragging. I tried to explain my paradox to a co-worker, but she couldn't relate at all. Have you ever felt that time was going by quickly and oh so slowly at the same time? That was my paradox. It started me wondering if that is what it really is to be a little outside of time. It never seems to really pass, but you arrive at your destination before you know it.

Later I started giving this a bit more thought (maybe I should have quit while I was ahead) and I figured that my co-worker couldn't relate because she didn't have children because that is what pregnancy frequently was like for me.. time crawled yet simultaneously was over with before I knew it. I suppose parenthood has been like that in general. Each year the years go by more and more quickly, yet sometimes things still seem to go so slowly.

I don't know if there is any real point to this other than as an observer of my life passing by. Now, there's a morbid thought! ;)

I hope you all had a great day.

God's blessings,

Melanie

No comments: