Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Mark Schultz Concert





I made the trek from Northern UT, about a 3-1/2 hr drive to Twin Falls to see Mark, Big Daddy Weave and David Klinkenberg (sp) last night and it was well worth the drive. I am in the habit of arriving quite early because I like being in the front, meeting people, and because waiting in the hotel room I was just getting rather antsy. LOL So, it was a bit of a wait before the concert started. I met three other people from Utah who were behind me in line and we chatted a bit. I had the foresight to bring along a book and read a bit. I learned a few things while I was waiting, like the concert was SOLD OUT, which was great! I felt bad for the people looking for tickets, but it's just so good to see so many Mark Schultz fans out here. It's been so long since he's been anywhere close. David Klinkenberg was absolutely amazing. He asked if we knew the difference between a fiddle and a violin and a few offered their suggestions. His response was that it was the number of teeth in the player's mouth. LOL Or something to that effect. He played one song and then Big Daddy Weave took the stage. As the always do, Big Daddy Weave did a wonderful job of balancing entertainment with worship in a way that totally blessed me. In that way, the were a fitting balance to Mark's style. When they were finished Mike Weaver came out and did the World Vision presentation and it was probably one of the best I've seen. I felt it was exactly the way it should be done, with each person asking God what they should do. Then there was a 15 minute break and they set up the stage for Mark. All I can say is \"Wow\". As usual, Mark is mind boggling on stage. The songs were amazing, and I almost cried to finally hear Walking Her Home, the finished live version. Mark's set was really quite long. The voices of other people joining in, especially on the worship part of the set were heartening and beautiful. There was a spontanaiety to some of the worship all night. I love hearing One Love with the crowd really getting into it. Afterward I spoke to Mark briefly and did the photo thing, bought the light blue shirt, and talked a bit with Mike Weaver. I really like him quite a lot. He's such a sweetheart, and fun to talk to. Then I waited for David to work on taking down his booth. He kept forgetting I wanted a pic. LOL So, I finally left (they were probably hoping I'd finally get out of there) and headed to get some dinner, and then back to the hotel for some much needed rest.


This morning I woke up later than expected because I have no idea how that hotel alarm clock works, apparently. :) But I still made it in time for a Hampton Inn breakfast. After I showered and changed clothes Ed and I headed out to the water fall near Centennial Park. There was still snow on the ground in the shady spots, alongside some green growing on the rocks nearby. Waterfalls are one of my favorite things, so I played with all the exposure settings on my camera and took a few pics. I'll post a few when I get that far. :)


God's blessings, Melanie


No comments: