Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Brandston Revisited?

There is a song by the group Brandston called, "Nobody Dances Anymore." I've decided to change a few of the words...

"Nobody comments anymore. Nobody posts feedback anymore."

Maybe I'll write an entire parody later. If you haven't heard the song, you should check it out sometime. Great song. :)

No one ever seems to comment here, or too many places for that matter. I've noticed a general trend towards ignoring the blogs of others while posting our own, posting photos, but not commenting on anyone elses, and lots of twittering. Still a lot of commenting on facebook, though. I'm really a fan of two-way interaction. LOL I'm not posting this necessarily to get comments to my blog. It's just that the whole thing puzzles me. Are we just all overwhelmed? Too self-centered? Too busy? Apathetic? (which brings to mind a Relient K song ;) ADD in full force here. LOL)
Anyway, I love feedback, so I try to give lots back. I hope that doesn't annoy anyone.

Nobody comments anymore.. nobody takes chances anymore...

Take a chance. Comment on someone's blog, photo, etc. today. IT doesn't have to be mine. Interact! It's so much better to really see and get to know the people behind the posts. :) AT least, that's my perspective on things.

2 comments:

nna said...

I've noticed that too... and to be honest, I have fallen into it..
I started off the year really making an effort to leave comments and make sure that people know they were being heard. But it was rare for me to get anything in return, so it made it harder and harder for me to keep leaving those comments. But I really appreciate that you keep doing it! I think I need to step it up again...

Melanie said...

I would comment on yours, but it doesn't look like it's enabled. I must say that dance video is something else... what I'm not sure. LOL What was that girl on? There was no red bull or starbucks.