Sunday, February 14, 2010

Concepts

Sometimes I write poetry. It goes in spurts. It can take a real concerted effort to finish writing something, and I'm probably not the best at finishing things up.
But I am determined to try and at least write down "concepts" as they come to me so I have something to work with when I feel like really writing.

Anyway, this is something I jotted down at the "concept" level. It's probably how I feel far too often, so I'm pretty sure I am not alone on it. Or maybe I am...

Drowning in this world
Starving for God
Dieting when I should be feasting
Sinking when I should be reaching
For the life preserver I've been tossed
I keep trying to swim on my own
I am overwhelmed
The ocean's too big for me
But not for God

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine mentioned 2012 last night to me and it's the first I heard about it so I jumped on here out of curiosity. I think it's kind of sick and sounds like a bunch of skeptical jargon.
I choose to live every day like it is the last because let's be real, WHO THE HELL KNOWS what is going to happen or when it's your time to go on. The past is history, the future is a mystery and now is a gift, thats why it's called the present. It's not healthy to sit around and trip out about when you will die. Stop wasting your time you have now.
[url=http://2012earth.net
]eschatology 2012
[/url] - some truth about 2012

Melanie said...

Not sure I understand the comment. This really is about the present. I agree life is a gift.
I certainly don't sit around thinking about dying. It doesn't mean there aren't struggles, though.