Sunday, May 06, 2007

Spidermania

No, this is not a Spiderman review. I haven't seen the movie yet, although it's definitely in my plans in the near future. I'm waiting for things to slow a little in the theaters. I'm thinking an early matinee on a weekday might work. :)

What really caught my attention was at Wal Mart, also affectionately known as "Wally World" to some of us. Last week I walked into Wal Mart and Spiderman was everywhere. First and most obvious, of course, were all of the Spiderman toys, kids chairs, kids tees, bath towels and pretty much anything that advertised Spiderman that would interest a child (and sometimes young men in their late teens and twenties, which aren't so different from children generally speaking.) If that had been all, I don't think it would have been so notable, however.

What really caught my attention was that it seemed nearly everything had Spiderman on it. I saw Spiderman Trix, Spiderman orange soda, and of course Spidey boxer shorts. It would be really funny to give those to someone, but I think I'd be too embarassed to actually try it. ;)

Today, I was at Wal Mart again, and the Spiderman bonanza was still ongoing. I'm sure I missed a few items, like the one that caught my husband's eye, Spiderman cheese nips. Now there is one snack I cannot go without!

On the way out of Wally World, my husband quipped, "I'm surprised they don't have Spiderman toilet paper." Now there's a grand idea. You could call it Spidey wipes. (O.K. You can stop groaning now.) To be honest, perhaps there is Spiderman toilet paper. I was almost afraid to check that aisle, so it will have to wait until next time.

In the words of Dr. Otto Octavius: "Ladies and gentlemen, fasten your seat belts." Spider mania is here.

No comments: