Friday, August 06, 2010

Keeping Busy in the Summertime



The last few weeks, I've been busy watching the granddaughter, and also with concerts. This week it has been watching the granddaughter, making a very small headway in the housekeeping front (not nearly enough) plus Vacation Bible School.

I am currently helping out with Vacation Bible School at my church taking photos. This year they are using a purchased program that has a slide show that is projected on a screen, and I am helping one other person with taking the photos.

The first night was difficult as the program had our "station" too early in the evening to really complete it in time, especially if you added our inexperience and
technical difficulties. We finally ended up showing the first one during snack time, and the second one at the end of the evening as planned. Things have gradually gotten easier.

It's been a challenge, but it's also been a lot of fun!

On the way out of the building tonight, there was much ado about a very large beetle.
Some (like me) found the beetle fun and fascinating, some were repulsed, and others just wanted to squish the poor thing. I wanted a photograph. LOL




I am still not quite sure what it is, although I do have one possible idea. If you are an entomologist or just know what it is with a little more certainty, please pass it along. I'd be grateful!

Now... time for some needed rest. "Vacation" is over. I was called back to work on Monday.

God's blessings,
Melanie

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Oh, as a follow up:
I believe the beetle is some sort of "prionus" (sp.) It's a root borer.