Thursday, December 31, 2009

20 Minutes and Counting

It's almost 2010 here in Northern UT. In 20 more minutes I will say goodbye to 2009.
It's been the year that pretty much sums up my life's motto... it was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

I was really blessed to have a job, with some flexibility (at least for the time being), to have a family and two new beautiful granddaughters, a home, and many things that I probably take for granted far too often.




I am blessed to know of a God who loves me and Jesus who died to reconcile me to him.

I am grateful to be relatively healthy (albeit now minus one gallbladder) and I'm very aware that not everyone has been so fortunate this past year.

I'm grateful for friends both on and off the internet, and a church that feels like home.

I'm very fortunate to be able to attend lots of concerts and take photos which I love to do (well, most of the time... someday I'll be really good at it.) LOL

Okay, so this isn't thanksgiving, but if I were to have a New Year's Resolution, it would be to every day remember the good things that I have and not to dwell on the trials. I see so many people who are so miserable, and I think a lot of it is that they just can't see what they have already. Granted, I feel I have more than many, but this year has not been without it's share of trials some of which it wouldn't be too appropriate to share on the www.

So, suffice it to say that I am grateful for what I have, and committed to remembering this in 2010 come what may.

Happy New Year!!

God's blessings to you and yours,
Melanie

P.S. I will try to blog about my Christmas tomorrow... procrastinating already. LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Melanie said...

Thank you! :)